304Kustomz Car Club and Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

turbo neon

3 posters

Go down

turbo neon Empty turbo neon

Post by BlackOut Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:37 pm

ok I was planning on putting a turbo on my neon but I still have some doubt I talked to a mechanic from dodge who deals with the performance end he said with the kit im looking at I was safe to bolt on and run since it is a preset of 8psi of boost if I want more boost id have to change fuel system and have computer done looking for info suggestions and opinions pls

BlackOut

Back to top Go down

turbo neon Empty Re: turbo neon

Post by MotownG5 Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:52 pm

8psi on a stock motor will be about max, but you are def going to need to tune. Running that kind of boost on a stock tune can scatter a motor fast. I would highly recommend larger injectors as well... and engine that runs too lean = disaster
MotownG5
MotownG5
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackOut Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:57 pm

In order to tune I have to buy a new computer

BlackOut

Back to top Go down

Post by MotownG5 Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:09 pm

Not necessarily... you can find software to reflash yours or some places will do the reflash for you if you send your pcm or ecm to them. Look up tpg tuning, slow boyz racing, early performance. Possibly David Varner on my fb page. He's a SRT-4/evo master
MotownG5
MotownG5
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackOut Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:11 pm

Early wants 1500 to tune I'm trying to find the size of my injectors now if u could find out Wat any of ur buddies charge I'd appreciate it

BlackOut

Back to top Go down

Post by MotownG5 Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:17 pm

1500 for a dyno tune isn't bad
MotownG5
MotownG5
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackOut Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:18 pm

I was told that was high

BlackOut

Back to top Go down

Post by MotownG5 Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:27 pm

cheaper than buying a create motor or rebuilding one that scattered due to too much pressure on the internals, or leaning out
MotownG5
MotownG5
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackOut Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:29 pm

I just read on the 2gn.org site I can run the turbo on stock everything but I need a rising rate fuel pressure regulator

BlackOut

Back to top Go down

Post by MotownG5 Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:23 pm

as long as you keep it low boost you can. I wouldn't do anymore than 8-9psi on stock internals
MotownG5
MotownG5
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mike_bates Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:31 pm

I dont own a turbo Neon, but I have a two different turbo'd platforms I can share. First, adding a turbo to a stock setup makes your engine a ticking time bomb. You're forcing the engine to do more than was intended for it to do. You haven't mentioned doing an engine rebuild, which is the first thing I'd do to make sure the engine isn't gonna explode on your first attempt to drive the car. At least put some ARP connecting rod bolts and head bolts on the car. You'll need bigger injectors and probably go with a Walbro 255 fuel pump. You won't need a dyno for what you're talking about, usually a pre-programmed chip is sufficient to help bring the bigger injectors/fuel pump/turbo all together to operate together in unison. And then of course you need to address things like the exhaust (which will need to be 2.0-2.5" min) and consider the stress put on the tranny if the clutch or torque convertor is able to cope with the additional stress and be safe to continually use and abuse.

Also, can I ask how much the kit costs and cost of install/parts/tune? And if the amount of doing this is past $4000, I would recommend moving to an (1998-2000) Z28 Camaro and just change the platform of power
mike_bates
mike_bates

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackOut Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:35 pm

The kit is 450 for turbo intercooler and all hardware me installing think I'm putting turbo on hold till I do my engine my rods will be eagle alloy and pistons weisco sport compact short skirt right there is a grand and will with stand 500 hp

BlackOut

Back to top Go down

Post by MotownG5 Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:38 am

BlackOut wrote:The kit is 450 for turbo intercooler and all hardware me installing think I'm putting turbo on hold till I do my engine my rods will be eagle alloy and pistons weisco sport compact short skirt right there is a grand and will with stand 500 hp

good idea bro...
MotownG5
MotownG5
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down